It was almost four years ago when Zenxin imported organic kale into Singapore markets. Today, organic kale is one of the most sought after vegetables among the foodies in Singapore.
Apart from juicing, salads, soups and stews, one of the favourite ways to eat our organic kale is as dehydrated kale chips. The coating is a fabulous mix of cashew nuts and organic spices and packed full with other healthy taste notes. Try our recipe below!
To make organic kale chips, you need the following ingredients:
- 4 pkts Zenxin Organic curly kale
- 1 pkt soaked ‘Simply Natural’ raw cashew nuts
- 8 ‘Bioitalia’ organic dried tomatoes + 2 tbsp of their organic olive oil
- 3 cloves Zenxin Organic raw garlic
- 1 (50g) pkt Zenxin Organic Thai basil (leaves only)
- 3-4 tsp ‘Simply Natural’ organic Thai seasoning
- 3 tsp ‘Radiant Code’ nutritional yeast
- 1 pinch ‘Simply Natural’ French sea salt
- Juice of 1-2 Zenxin Organic lemons
- 250ml filtered water
- Soak the cashews for 2 hours ahead of time; drain off the soaking water before use. Add all the ingredients into the Blendtec and blend with a little filtered water to mix to a coating consistency, this should be between stiff and fluid. Adjust to taste.
- Wash and spin dry the kale, remove the ribs and tear into bite size pieces and place in a large bowl. Pour the coating onto the torn kale leaves, massage so the leaves are evenly coated.
- Place on the dehydrator trays and dry at 48° C overnight or until the leaves are crispy.
This wonderful organic kale chips recipe is by Zenxin Organic Product Manager, Ceridwen Wolf.
Well-Being Secrets is an excellent source to discover more about how to stay healthy. They have written an extensive article on kale, giving science-backed information about how and why kale is so unique and healthful, as well as useful purchasing, storage and cooking tips.
Email to [email protected] if you have any enquiry about organic kale!
And come visit us at our very own Zenxin Organic Park to learn more about organic farming!
This article was previously published on 12 Apr 2015.
No.8, Jln Teknologi 1, Kws Perindustrian Mengkibol, 86000, Kluang, Johor, Malaysia.
Tel: +60 (7) 7595196 / +60(19) 7738985
Fax: +60 (7) 7595193
Blk14 Wholesale Centre #01-25 Singapore 110014
Tel: +65-67797839 / +65 6778 7369
Email: [email protected]